Credit to @zarskitchen Comté Apple & Cranberry Roses – These pretty little sweet and savoury roses amazingly have 5 ingredients only!! Flaky, crisp puff pastry @jus_rol layered with creamy, peppery Comté cheese @comtecheeseuk, tangy cranberry sauce, and sweet apples… baked until golden with a satisfying crunch… the flavour combo is a match made in heaven… how festive will these look on your holiday table!
Be warned.. you won’t be able to stop at just one!!
⏩ SAVE ⏪ to bookmark
⏩ PRINT RECIPE ⏪ www.zarskitchen.com
2 Sheets Frozen Puff Pastry defrosted
3 Large apples
120g Comté Cheese
300g Cranberry Sauce
1 Egg Beaten
1. Core the apples, cut into quarters, slice each quarter very thin
2. In a saucepan over medium heat add the water and simmer, add the apples, cook for a few minutes until pliable but not too soft
3. Strain, place on kitchen towels to drain, cool
4. Pre-heat oven to 220°C, grease a muffin tin
5. Flour both your counter top and the rolling pin and roll out one sheet of puff pastry into a 12×12” square
6. Cut the square into 6 long strips
7. Using a peeler make paper thin slices of the Comté cheese, set aside
8. Brush the bottom of a strip of pastry with egg wash and then layer the apple slices on top overlapping them slightly but leave a small margin uncovered at the end of the strip
9. Carefully spread a little cranberry sauce over the apples, don’t overfill as it will end up looking messy so less is more in this case!
10. Add the cheese slices on the top of the apples, carefully roll the puff pastry up
11. Brush the open end with egg wash and press the pastry closed
12. Pinch the excess dough at the bottom of the pastry together
13. Repeat, gently place the roses in the muffin tin, bake for 25 minutes
14. If you feel the roses are burning cover loosely with foil
15. Serve warm and enjoy!
#zarskitchen #puffpastryrecipes #puffpastryideas #festivebaking #grateplates #autumnbaking #simplerecipe #cheeselover #cranberry #christmasvibes #christmasinspo #filopastry #teatimetreats #cheeselove #cheeseplease #bakingwithlove❤️ #mummyandme #mumlife #chefselection #apple #bake #baking #christmasbaking #recipe #followme